Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sleep Study

I have to preface this with the fact that I HATE sleep studies. Really they are the worst. We are trying to get Carter's vocal chord fixed so that he can produce better sound. By doing that it will interfere with his airway a teeny tiny bit, but because of his sleep apnea we wanted to make sure it was all ok with his stoma being closed up now. Long story short the results came back that he had some obstructive apnea which our doctor thinks was a false read so we get to do another one. I'm sure you know how happy I am about that. Fingers crossed insurance will cover it or I will really not be too happy about it. I will add that it makes such a difference that he can communicate with us now. As the pictures show he was doing ok with everything while they were getting him ready, but when it came to him actually sleeping with all that on he wasn't a fan. 


No comments: