Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas in Utah- Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was kept pretty low key and I loved it that way. Trav flew in that afternoon and the party got started. We had a yummy dinner and finger foods that we munched on all night and before bed we read the Christmas story. The boys were so interested in the story that they completely forgot about all the presents waiting for them. Sarcasm is one of my many qualities! I always with they would do a better job listening during the Christmas story, but I guess at 3 and 5 that's not really realistic. After we opened our Christmas jammies. I love this tradition, Boston on the other hand was less than excited to find that his one present he got to open was jammies. After we had a talk about how we need to be grateful for all that we are given and he came back with some big story on how he "just thought that the jammies wouldn't look good on me, but now I know they do and I love them and am so grateful for them" Turns out he's pretty cute and his attempt to win us back over worked out. We wrote our letter to Santa and left some yummy soup and carrots for him and the reindeer. No cookies at our house. We like to make sure Santa is nice and warm while traveling through the night. It has nothing to do with the fact that the Mom of the house totally forgot about leaving something for the big guy until right before bed. 






No comments: