Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in Utah- Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was so much fun! We kept it super low key and took our sweet time opening presents. Because we were traveling we opened Trav's parents gifts on FaceTime with them before we left. My Mom also wasn't able to come out until the day after Christmas so we held out on her gifts too. We were worried that the boys wouldn't have enough (I know that sounds ridiculous) but after Santa got his gift their wasn't much $$$ left over. We shouldn't have worried, because the boys loved it all and were so grateful for everything they got…..even the clothes after our talk the night before. 

 Santa came and brought the boys the bikes they had been asking for since October. Boston looked at his bike and yelled "it's perfect" if that doesn't make you happy as a parent than I don't know what would. Carter despite the look on his face was so happy with his bike. 


 I wish his eyes were open in this pic, because his reaction to getting gum in his stocking was the cutest thing ever! You would have thought he had just been given the best gift ever, but hey I guess gum ranks pretty high on his list these days so maybe it was. 
 The boys racked in Disney pins to trade this Christmas and were so happy about it. 
 Aunt Brienne and Carter needed a snack break during the opening. 



 Brienne and Kels got Carter this little dragon toy in Thailand and boy did he love it! We could have spent $5 total on his presents with this little dragon and the gum and he would have been the happiest little boy ever. 

 This was Boston's reaction after opening a coloring book that Carter gave him. It was so cute and it just might have been one of his most favorite gifts of the day. Sure love those sweet brothers. 



 I have never been so happy about a present in my entire life! I actually started crying the second I knew what it was. I have wanted a DLSR camera for so long and Trav, his parents, and my parents came together and got me one. Now I just need to figure out how in the world to use it. 
We were so blessed by all our family! It was such a great day and spending it with the people we love most was amazing!
Brienne and I worked so hard on Christmas dinner and this is the only picture I took. It was the first time we both had done a big meal from start to finish with out either of our Mom's there. Trav made his famous super moist, super flavorful, super yummy, absolutely delicious Turkey. Brienne and I made home made rolls, a salad, funeral potatoes, jello salad, pumpkin pie, raspberry danish dessert, and something else that I can't remember and surprisingly we happened to have it all ready at the same time so that everything was warm. We were super proud of ourselves and I must say it was pretty darn amazing! So glad we were able to spend Christmas at Kelsey and Brienne's house. They always make us feel so welcome and we had so much fun together!

No comments: