Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas in Utah - Snowmobiling

I had the brilliant idea to rent snowmobiles and take them out for a day. My not so brilliant idea was to bring the kids along. I've said it before and I will say it again my.kids.are.not.meant.for.the.cold!!!!! They were fussing the entire time and it was no bueno.



 We had to take a twenty minute ride on the snowmobiles to get us far enough into the mountains to where the good snow was. The ride in and out was every ones favorite part of the day. We had nine people and two snowmobiles and we all made it out in one trip. The boys loved being pulled in the sleds and I loved watching Trav and Carter on the tiny kids sled bounce around the entire time. 

 Carter was absolutely exhausted and crashed on the drive back in. I'm pretty sure my Mom's arm was burning after holding him like this. 

 Thanks to Brienne's family and the residents of Saratoga Springs we were able to outfit all nine of us in snow gear. It was no small feet that is for sure. We tried to go buy stuff and there was nothing left in the stores. 
 Trav and I took the snowmobile out for a ride. It was Trav's first time and he made the rookie mistake of slowing down in the powder. Thankfully I am pretty good at getting out when we get stuck, but his turn driving didn't last too long ha. 

 I was dying with how cute Carter was bundled up in his puffy snow gear. 
 Trav and Kyle rode back in like this and it was hilarious from what I was told. Trav's face was frozen! They both had sore backs the next day. 


Literally two minutes after being back in the car Boston crashed. He was the fussiest of the fussiest so we were happy that he got in a good nap. So aside from kids complaining it was so much fun!

No comments: