Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Years Half Marathon

Back in September Robin and I were talking about doing a race and something strange must have come over me, because before I knew it we had committed to doing a half marathon. Why I keep doing these things I will never know, because I still don't like running! I will say though that we had such a good time doing our Saturday morning long runs together. Waking up at 5:30 to run will never be something that I am a big fan of, but I was always glad I did it. While is Utah we all got Sinus and Respiratory infections so running this race feeling like I couldn't breathe wasn't that much fun, but I finished. My mom ended up being in town the day of the race so she ran with me and thank goodness she was there! I knew Robin and Becky were trying to make a good time so I sent them off ahead without me and my angel Mom ran the entire race with me at my snail pace. I ran about half the race with my hands above my hear trying to open up my chest. It didn't help that it was the hilliest course ever! Who knew downtown LA was like that. I guess I would have if I actually looked at the course details, but I never like to do that. 






 About half way through the race we ran through Dodgers stadium which was pretty cool. 



Yay we did it! I sounded like a horse after the race and could barely talk. I was so bummed with my time that I had a hard time being proud of the fact that I just ran 13.1 miles at night on a hard course. Now that it is after the fact I am glad that I did it and happy that I have a body that lets me. 

No comments: