Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby Boston Update

Boston is doing great and getting very big. Yesterday I went to the doctors and found out that he is really excited to come. When they were doing a sonogram his head was already so far down in the birth canal that we were not able to see his little face. The nurse asked us if we had little hats for him because he will probably have a cone shaped head for the first few days. She then took all his measurements and he weighs 6lbs. 3oz. and has very long legs. (thanks dad) She then asked me how far along I was and according to my March 1st due date I was 34 weeks 4 days, but Boston was measuring 37 weeks. She decided that the doctor better come back in and check me out. He checked me and I am already 3 1/2 centimeters dialated and he could very easily feel Boston's head. He told me that I was to go home and be on bed rest to see if we could slow down the labor process. I go back into his office on Monday if I haven't had hime by then and if I have progressed any further he will admit me to Labor and Delivery to have this little guy. Travis and I were in total shock yesterday seeing as how we thought we still had a month. After a blessing and alot of prayers we both feel very calm and excited for him to come. Needless to say it looks like our little guy will be here very soon. Wow!!!

10 comments:

kelsey and murray said...

Teres! Can I just say that I love you! Holy cow- can you believe that you are going to be a mom! I know that you are going to be such a good one too! I am so excited for you and I can't believe that he could be here so soon!
Love you-

Karissa Kay said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe he's coming so soon!!! I'm so excited!

Laurel said...

Holy cow! I'm glad you are doing well and can't wait to meet this cute boy!

Ryan ♥ Breelyn said...

That must have been a little bit of a surprise to hear that Boston could be here so soon! That's so exciting! I hope he stays in for a few more days but either way it'll be so wonderful for you guys! Stay in bed and gets lots and lots of sleep to make-up for the lack of sleep you'll have for the next few months :) Teresa you're going to be a MOM!!!! YEA!!!

nicole said...

I am so excited for you guys. The bed rest thing sounds like no fun, but even just a few extra days will be so good for Boston. Please be sure to post lots of pictures when he is born! I'm just dying to see this little long-legged babe!

Kelly said...

I second everything that Nicole said... Im so excited for you!! What a fun time! Im glad you guys are settled ok now. We have been in Tucson for 7 months and Im just getting used to the roads.. so it looks like you are in alot better shape than i was! haha. Anywho.. PLEASE POST PICS as SOOON as you can! I wanna see your darling lil boy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! how exciting! I hope all goes well! Make sure you keep us posted!

tiffany said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Yay! Let's get this guy on the way! I'm so excited for you! Good luck! I'll be ready to see photos!

K. Bitton said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! Good luck! Are you going to get an epidural? I loved both of mine!:) You have to post pictures of your belly and your baby! It is fun to hear your updates! Love ya!

About Me said...

He is the cutest grandson every!!!! I love him so much!! Remember I get new pictures everyweek emailed to me :) I love you, Travis and Boston!! Keep up the great job your doing. Love you tons.
Mom