Friday, August 15, 2008

It's not that easy

I used to think that feeding a baby was easy and boy was I wrong. Lets start from the beginning of solid foods.


Challenge #1 opening the mouth
*They open their mouth for every thing that gets put in front of their face until you put a spoon with food on it.

Challenge #2 Swallowing
*Babies are used to swallowing from a bottle/ breast
*The way they are used to swallowing pushes their tongue out which also pushes their food out.

Challenge #3 Vegetables
*New tastes which brings alot of wide open mouths with the food sitting on their tongue for a while. (you can pretty much go back to #1 now)

Challenge #4 Vegetables again
*So they love the vegetables then you introduce fruit and we all know that fruit is so much yummier.
*This is where the tricking comes into play I do it something like this
-bite 1- fruit
-bite 2- fruit
-bite 3- vegetable (he thinks fruit is coming because he has already had 2 consistent bites. You better believe those veggie bites are pretty big)

Challenge #5 Keeping the spoon in your hands

*They are so quick their little arms beat me every time.
*If this happens plan on food being everywhere because they flap those little arms like crazy. (remember there was food on the spoon because you were hoping to get it in their mouth)

Challenge #6 The latest blowing bubbles
*This is where you wish they understood NO

Challenge #7 Cleaning
*That dang baby food leaves some good stains on my baby, me, and the carpet from the spit up that comes an hour after eating.

So as you can tell from my experience it hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be. Boston loves to blow spit bubbles and so the second he gets food in his mouth here come the bubbles or food flying in every direction. It's pretty cute actually but man it's alot of work. Lets just say I am very grateful for stain sticks and shampoo because I usually have small chunks of mixed vegetable and peaches in my hair and all over my clothes.

Good luck to everyone who thought it was as easy as I did. I really hope you have better luck than I do.

17 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh Tres! That's cute!! Nice trickery you're pulling off! I never would've thought of that ;)

Karissa Kay said...

that's so funny. I know exactly how you feel. I go through all of that everyday with Kate. And i totally wish babies understood NO! Usually when i tell Kate no, she just laughs and keeps doing whatever she's not supposed to be doing.

tiffany said...

haha! something to look forward to? Look at that face though- he's the cutest little thing! I love him! You are a darling mom!

Kylie Blackwell said...

HAHA! Thanks for the reality check. I love it.

Britanee Walker said...

he sure looks cute doing it though, you gotta admit!! i'll have to keep your little trick in mind though-good for you! hope it gets easier.

Brooke said...

He is such a cutie. How could you ever get mad at a face like that? Believe it or not I really miss that stage. With my "baby" who is now 4 it isn't so cute anymore!

Camille said...

That's hilarious!!!! Oh he's so cute! I bet you guys don't ever need to turn on the TV. he's your entertainment, isn't he?!

(PS you need to do the race with me in September! haaa haa)

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Haha Oh my gosh this is SO cute and funny. Preston and I were just laughing while reading this, and at the cute pics. I'd have to say Challenge # 4 was our favorite :) I remember feeding my little siblings and it's harder than it looks!

K. Bitton said...

What an exciting time! ;) I remember feeling that way too! It will get easier!

melissa marie said...

ha ha, how cute. Note to self refer to this post when I have kids. I can't believe how big Boston is getting.

kelsey and murray said...

I love these pictures! I can't believe how big Boston has gotten! I too will have to remember this post for my future children, although mine will probably learn how to throw it on me with my luck! Love you Teres

melissa marie said...

Ok so Reagan and I were reminiscing this weekend and I have three words for you . . . cruise . . . papermoon . . . plaid underwear (sorry four words). ha ha ha good times, that evil kristi stealing your trunks.

kelsey and murray said...

ps love the pic at the top of your blog!!!!!

Camille said...

I love that pic of you at the top of your blog (looks like I'm not the only one)!!!

I just found out M&M just moved here. WHAT????!! Let's all get together. We're just so excited!

Brooke said...

Hey there. Aspen 11th starts at 11:00 am. I can't wait to see you and meet your little guy. He is a cutie!

Camille said...

Hey Wilsons,

I can't find your email address, so I have to email you this way. SORRY :) We're having a quiet bday dinner for mason on sunday and we're inviting the Hunters and Alfer's parents. Can you make it? We'd LOVE to see you! email me if you can...

Britanee Walker said...

I'd love to email you some that we have from the wedding. What email address do you want me to email them to? I don't know what email address I have. Thanks Teresa!