Tuesday, January 26, 2010

He's Two

and we can't believe it!!! The past two years have gone by so fast! Today we kept pretty busy celebrating. We started out at the gym which Boston loves. Then met Grandma D. Julia and Andrea (or Bones as Boston calls her. We have no idea where it came from) to our surprise today was a puppet show day so that made Boston a very happy boy. After the library we went on a little lunch date to Chick-fil-a where Boston and Julia had the best time opening and closing the door over and over again. These two are such good friends and play so well together. At the library they were walking around holding hands it was so dang cute. During Boston's nap I made his Birthday cake which I am pretty proud of. Definitely better than last year. After naps we watched cars because that is the Birthdays boys favorite. Then Trav got home from work and the party started. We had pizza for dinner and opened presents. One thing we know for sure is that he loves to open presents because he sure ripped through them really quick. We had such a great night as a family and feel so blessed to have our sweet boy. I think Boston's favorite part of the night was blowing out his candles he was loving it.
Boston is such a fun little guy. I love this age. He is learning new things everyday and says some very funny things. Every time I put him down for a nap or bed he says love ya, see ya, I'll call ya.

Some fun things to know about Boston...
-There is nothing he loves more than cars. Anything that has to do with the movie is the greatest thing ever even if it's just a piece of paper.
-He loves to take color baths
-He has chips and salsa almost everyday.
-He has a new infatuation with pockets and has been know to sneak a few cars in them before church.
-He LOVES to be outside. Summer can't come fast enough
-Chocolate milk has pretty much tripled his milk intake.
-Every night after baths he rolls off the couch with Daddy and cracks up laughing the entire time.
-He loves to read books. His favorite is to read Goodnight Gorilla over the phone with Grandma W.
-His cupcake holders are second favorite to his cars. (Notice them in the back of his truck in the picture above.
-He calls his Vitamins Bias and loves them
-For some reason Daddy's car is sooo much cooler than Mom's
-Snuggly's still are his favorite thing. He even shares them with his cars
-A new favorite is his Pillow case he got from Grandma and Grandpa
-He says "cute this" over and over again when we go shopping. I love it.
-He loves music
-One thing we did to get him to eat better was show him pictures of people and it worked pretty well. If we got a Christmas card from you he most likely knows your name.
-He is still a great sleeper which I love.
-If we ask what color something is he always answers in this order Pink, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow
-He loves bridges
-For some reason he loves walmart. We pass it on the ways to the gym and he always says "hi walmart miss you"
-He mimics us all the time. I have caught him putting on deodorant, coming his hair, making the bed, and lots of other cute things.
-Every night at bedtime we sing I am a child of God, Wheels on the bus, Families are Forever, The wiseman built his house on a rock, I love to see the temple, and Open Shut them. Good thing he doesn't mind my terrible voice.
-He has been using the word "mine" way way too much lately
-He loves to say the prayer. He usually ends up saying thank you for McQueen, thank you for Mater and so on with all his cars names.
-About 60% of the time he calls me Teresa instead of Mom

Boston Mommy and Daddy love you so much. You are such a good boy and we thank our Heavenly Father each day for you.

13 comments:

Brienne & Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Bobo!!! You are getting SO big! Kelsey and I are sad we weren't there to celebrate with you but we love you very much and can't wait to play with you!
Teres, the cake is amazing! I hope to at least be a fraction of the amazing mom you are!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Yes...the cake turned out so AWESOME! You've got skills! And I loved watching him blow out the candles...all 3 times. He is getting so big it's crazy. Can't wait to play with you guys in March.

Karissa Kay said...

I can't believe he's two already! That's crazy. Love the cake! You're amazing. And I LOVED the video. That's so hilarious.
Did Andrea tell you we saw them in Utah? Boston and Julia are too cute together!

K. Bitton said...

WOW! Two years! I can't believe how fast time does go by:) He is such a sweet little boy. You are such a wonderful mom too! Great job on that cake!

emily+brett said...

boston is such a little stud! time goes by way too quickly. great job on the cake. oh and steele has that same black peace shirt, LOVE it!

Nikki said...

He's so freakin cute! I wanna take some pics of him...I owe you big time for babysitting Austin for hours :)

melissa marie said...

Happy Birthday Boston! Oh i just loved this post - ever since i have become a mommy i swear i can't get through a post like this without tearing up - so pathetic! You are such a cute mom and i'm sure Boston loves you so much!

Oh and I have to say aren't kids the best. I have an AWFUL voice too but Lucy totally loves it and smiles every time i sing to her.

kelsey and murray said...

i seriously cannot believe he is two! i swear it was yesterday and you were at my wedding with your darling prego belly. oh teres he is such a doll! i love that you do posts like this because he will look back one day and read these and laugh and be so grateful that his sweet momma journaled his life! love you teres and HAPPY BIRTHDAT BOSTON!

Camille said...

Marcus was watching with me and is freakin' out that he loves Cars, too! I think they're from the same stock. Honestly, cars, cars, cars. That's all we do. What a fun cake! I'm getting ready for his 3rd bday, so this is giving me some ideas. Any chance you'd let me know where you got that Mack tent?

tiffany said...

i can't believe he is two! He's too cute! Happy Birthday!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh my gosh this post is so cute and sweet I got a little choked up! I can't believe he is already two, and such a cutie!! What a fun birthday he had and I am so impressed with your cake Teresa. Happy birthday to Boston!

Janae and Bil Bil said...

The video of him blowing out his candles three times made my day! He is so cute. You are such a good mom! I am so glad you have a shopping buddy that tells you whats cute:)

Tara said...

I love reading all the things about Boston that make him special. I can just picture so many of the things he does and it makes me smile, laugh, giggle, etc. You do a great job of writing all these things down. I hope you are feeling better from your wisdom teeth being removed. Call if you feel like talking. . . I haven't wanted to call for fear it would be your one chance to sleep or something. Love you - Tara