Wednesday, December 8, 2010

24 Weeks 5 Days

One week down in this crazy place! Even though the days feel SOOO long I kinda can't believe it has been a week. Today was a great day! Started out with a nice "bath" :) and then a friend from my ward brought me subway for lunch and it was delicious. Trav got off work early today so he was able to come spend a couple hours with me then go home and get Boston and my mother in law. They got back just in time for the ultra sound. Doctor walked in and said well we have jumped from 10 percent survival rate to 45 in the last week. He checked and things haven't changed which is GREAT! I think he was kinda shocked to see that I am still pregnant and it made me so happy to kinda prove him wrong. Our baby is weighing in at one pound eight ounces and has the cutest HUGE lips. He asked if I had any questions and of course I just had to ask the one he couldn't answer... How long? He did give me some positive news and said that if I make it to 28 weeks he would re-evaluate and see if I still had to be here. He said don't get your hopes up that I will let you out, but that at 32-34 weeks if the baby was doing good they would possibly let me go home and let it happen when it happened. He said you might only make it to your car before you go into labor, but at least it is a time slot. It was so good to hear that even though they didn't seem to think that I would make it that far. Trav and I have set a goal for 30-32 weeks and would feel so good about things at that point.

After the ultra sound I was able to spend some good time with my family. It was so great Boston didn't want to leave tonight which was pretty much heaven for me. I got to feed him dinner, hear his deep laugh, listen to him talk my ear off, watch him unload the most random group of toys from his pack pack, watch a show with him, and see him so happy. It was really an amazing day! I have so much to be grateful for.

Mosiah 24:14
And I will also ease the burdens which are out upon your shoulder, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
Trav and I loved this tonight while reading.

8 comments:

kelsey and murray said...

teres such GREAT news!! i am so glad that things look great with the baby. i think about you sooooo often throughout the day. thanks for sharing that scripture, i needed it. i sure love you!!

Britanee Walker said...

sounds like a great day (all things considered)! so glad nothing's changed with the baby & that you pretty much proved the dr wrong :) so happy about Boston! he sounds like he might be adjusting to this new way of life for the time being. i hope he keeps wanting to stay with you, laughing, & chatting. i hope he's being good for Trav & his mom. thanks for the scripture! we love you guys!

*oh, is there a name that you guys have decided on for this little guy?

tiffany said...

I'm so proud of you!! All of you. thanks for the scripture too! I love that- thank you. Love ya!

Kelly said...

YAY!! I knew you would prove all those medical people wrong!! They always seem to think they know everything. haha. (jk Rog.) Love you.

dahlstrom.terri said...

You are such an inspiration to all of us Teresa. So happy to hear you had a good day! Hope things continue on that same path. You and your sweet little family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love you,
Aunt Terri & family

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have made it this far! I was telling my family about your situation and everyone is praying for you and your family. You are such an amazing person and if anyone can endure a trial like this you are the one to do it. You really are inspiring and I hope that I can go through my trials with the same optimism. I hope that you have as Merry of Christmas as you can :)

D'Laina said...

Glad things are going good! That would be so hard to be without your baby ( Boston) especially at Christmas time! Good luck hang in there! Your in my prayers every day :)

Brienne & Kelsey said...

Tres! I am so happy to hear the great news! I was thinking about you all day and kept bugging kels about it to see if he had heard anything. You really are an amazing example to everyone around you. Thanks for being you, an amazing person! Look up to you tons! Love you!