Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Make it a Happy Day

Every time I have gone to see Trav's Grandma Barraclough she always told me to "Make it a happy day". I have never tried harder in my entire life to make each day a happy day as I am now.
Grandma Barraclough passed away on February 18, 2011 at 95 years old. I always joked that Grandma didn't like me for reasons like her sending all the kids in the family $20 for their birthday and I only got $10 or whenever I would call her our conversations would go something to this effect Me: Hi Grandma how are you? Grandma: Is Travis home? Me: No he is at school/work Grandma: O ok well why don't you call back when Travis gets home. Hang up. Grandma never said goodbye on the phone. Even though we joke about things like this I know without a doubt Grandma loved me and boy did she love Trav. I have never met a women that defines service more than Grandma did. She is absolutely an amazing person and has made me want to be a better person. I will miss her birthday, halloween, Christmas, and valentines cards. She never missed sending them to every single grandchild and great grandchild. We love you Gandma and miss you, but we know you were ready and had so many people waiting for you. I will never forget that you and my sweet Carter share a Birthday. What a special day December 11th will always be for me.

2 comments:

Craig Wilson said...

That was so very nice, Teresa. What a nice surprise to see that picture. I loved what you said and a sweet tribute to Grandma. I love you. MOM W.

Kelly said...

haha. thats my kinda woman. gets right to the point. sounds like she will be missed. what a great lady.