Friday, July 29, 2011

3.5


Dear Boston,
You are now three and a half years old! Or as you like to say three and a whole half years. I know I tell you all the time, but I really can't believe that you are that old. You make your Mom and Dad so happy. One of my favorite times of the day is when Daddy and I lay in bed at night and I tell him all the funny things that you have said or done throughout the day. Without fail your day always says " I love that boy".

We really do love you so much. Sometimes during the day I can't help but squeeze you because I am bursting with love. Then there are times during the day that I want to squeeze you because you are driving me crazy! Whoever said two's were hard was so wrong. Three is a pretty crazy age if you ask me. You are too smart for your own good. Daddy and I have to be so careful of what we say. You hear everything and well you understand way more than we think you do and it has made for some really funny questions. You are my little trinket boy. Everywhere we go you always have a bag or jar or something filled with little things that you collect from random places around the house.

That being said you never leave the house without something even if like today it is a roll of blue painters tape, or yesterday when we went to the grocery store you wore a necklace you made out of Carter's links that was about four feet long and hung on the ground behind you when we walked. I always said I wasn't going to be one of those Mom's that let their kids go out like that, but you know what it makes you so happy and proud and that makes me so happy and proud. You go though fazes and if you are in one there is no talking you out of it. Some of my favorite were when you wore your army costume for two weeks straight, or when you decided that you didn't want to wear matching shoes so without fail everyday you had on two different flip flops. My favorite of all time was probably the pajamas, rain boots and super hero cape. I really don't think I washed anything but pajamas and church clothes for almost three weeks. Right now you are into acting like a big boy and want to wear basketball shorts and no shirt all the time. It has given me a little glimpse into the future and holy smokes I want you to stay little forever. You know exactly what you want and you know exactly how to get it. You are so excited to start preschool this fall and talk about it all the time. You always tell us how you have to learn to eat all by yourself (because we still spoon feed you 50% of your meal) you have to learn to go poop on the potty facing forward (don't ask) you have to learn how to put your clothes on by yourself and so many other things to be ready for school. You are learning new things everyday. One of my not so favorite things that you have learned is that you can aim by yourself when going to the bathroom. It makes me question this whole all boys in our house thing daily. You know your letters and love to point them out whenever we are out and about. You love to play with your friends especially kids that are a little older than you so you can follow them around. Or you like to play with kids who are younger and will follow you around. You have become a little pill when friends come over to our house. For some reason you always want the toy that they want even if it is something you never play with. Boy are you in for it when your brother can get his hands on your toys. You are Mr. independent when it comes to certain things like getting yourself a drink going to the bathroom day and night, telling us what you want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, finding your next activity to play and what not, but when it comes to things like feeding yourself, getting your self dressed, and buckling your car seat you leave that up to Mom and Dad. In every prayer you say you still thank Heavenly Father that we can all be home together as a family. The time when your Brother was in the hospital was SO hard on you and Daddy and I are so proud of you and how well you have adjusted with all of our craziness. You are kinda turning into a torturing big brother. You like to hurt Carter and make him cry only because you LOVE to give him his snuggly and binki and make him happy again. You make Carter smile better than anyone and love to give him burritos all day long.
Boston you are such a special boy. We feel so blessed to have you in our home. Thanks for letting us use you to figure out this world of parenting. We have a lot to learn and are so lucky to have you. Thank you for loving us back. I love you to the moon and back even if you only love me "to Dallas and back".

Love, Mom

6 comments:

Rene said...

I love that boy too. I sure do miss him coming to play. I think I need a Boston day.

Craig Wilson said...

I love the pictures and the journal entry. Love, love, love it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you. Love, MOM w.

Karissa Kay said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard about pooping facing forward. He is the cutest 3.5 year old ever! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

tiffany said...

what a sweet little entry! I love the post!! :-)

melissa marie said...

how big is he!?!?! and how handsome is he? especially in that first pic. love.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Boston is such a cute little boy, I love his hair :) I will Cohen's would lay down like that! It's so fun to see them grow and change... he is getting so old!
p.s. love your pictures below. all of them are so cute. and I love your dark hair with the yellow cardigan :)