Friday, November 30, 2012

Home again

We are home! The PICU Doc came in and said I was just looking over your home supply sheet and noticed that you have everything at home that we are doing here. He said that if ENT and Pulmonary okayed it we could go home. They should know by now that if they mention home around me they better be serious. Lucky us we got the okay to go with very strict orders. I am happy to oblige to the strict orders seeing as how the hospital was full (literally all beds were full) of sick kids and that is most likely where this junk came from in the first place. It pays to have your home a hospital. 

Is that picture not the sweetest thing ever! Boston said "Carter get over here and give me some loves" Carter crawled right on over and gave him some good long lovin'. Thank goodness for phones and being able to catch moments like this. 

Our mission now is to get Carter better so that come December 12th he can rock that sleep study and get that trach out December 20th. There was no talk about it not happening just that we needed to get home better so it didn't mess with our plans. We also need to beef him up a little. Poor baby has lost 3.5 pounds since his reconstruction surgery. That's a lot for a little guy, but his poor tummy couldn't handle all the antibiotics. This might be a little challenge seeing as how the antibiotics that he was on and made him poop like crazy are the ones we are on again. Wish us luck. 

Did I mention Trav is sick now too. High fever and looking like a ghost! I am doing everything I can to make sure that no one else gets sick. Trav has been quarantined to our room and I am shacking up with Carter.....and Boston since he joined us last night. I was too tired to not let the sleep over happen. Boston thought it was the best!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That picture makes me cry. What sweet little boys!