Thursday, March 14, 2013

About the Move

I am getting asked all the time if I am excited for the move to CA and the truth is I am totally bipolar when it comes to it and it totally depends on the day.

When it's cold and rainy....Yes

When we go to speech therapy....No. Miss Jenny is who we will miss the most out of all Carters docs/nurses/therapists

When I think about gutting out my house...Yes and No

When I think about leaving Family...No

When I think about the beach and Disney Land...Yes

When I think about leaving our friends and incredible Ward...No

When I think about living 5 miles from our best friends the Hunter....Yes

When I think about my Mom not being close...a big No

When I think about living 5hrs from cousins and 7hrs from G&G Wilson...Yes

You get the idea. There is good and bad to both. One huge positive is that from the research we have done and the people and doctors we have talked too it will be an incredible place for Carter as far as Docs and Therapy. Boston is beyond excited as is Trav. Apparently I am the only one not ready to jump on this move. Ha. Don't be fooled though I am so excited for the change and it makes it easy to do when you know it is what you are supposed to do and it is something you have worked so hard for.

One thing that made the whole moving thing so stressful for me was housing! I don't even need to say it, but I will it is ridiculous there! We are going to rent for probably a couple years so that we can get a feel for where we really want to be and so that we can make sure we are where we need to be for schooling for the boys.

I went out there for a quick weekend to try and find a place. There are two things you get when looking for housing in the rental market there. Old with nice yards and more space. Or New with no yards and less space. One thing for sure is that Texas ruined me. Everything here that we are used to is so nice and new and priced very affordably. No surprise that I went with the smaller and newer. Some of the old ones I would not have dared bath my kids in the tub. SO gross!!!! If we were to buy I would definitely go older so we could get the space and yard so we could fix it up, but renting is a different story.

So finally after many prayers and many break downs we came across a brand new place that fit in our budget and feels like Texas. It is in a big master planned community and has lots of parks, big open grass areas, a swimming pool, and a splash pad. It definitely is on the small side though. We are loosing about 500 sq ft and and entire attic full of storage and have zero yard. There is a pretty big patio out back that I am SO excited about. Hello eating all our meals outside. Can't wait! The only room that I feel is going to be a challenge is the family room. The length of it is literally the length of our sectional. Part of me is excited about the smaller space and having only what we need.

We really are ready for the change and can't wait to see what the future holds for our family from this new adventure. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks adorable! And I am more than a little jealous that you will probably be able to eat almost all of your meals outside.

Ali said...

Moving definitely brings its challenges and I can completely relate when it comes to rentals. Finding a good one is so hard, but the one you found looks really nice. Good luck to your family!